Bonnie Lang , Librarian
firstname.lastname@example.org 512 414-4151
Did you know that Mrs. Lang has a blog for the Doss Library? She wanted to create a place for students to make book recommendations and to talk about books. She also hoped that it would be a fun place for parents to get information about the library and to access book lists and relevant links.
Mission & Vision
The mission of Austin ISD libraries is to nurture a life-long appreciation of reading and learning by assuring that students and staff have opportunities for successful access, evaluation and use of information, technology, and literature.
Librarians of Austin ISD believe that:
- Collaboration between the library and school community promotes student achievement
- Open access to library services and resources is essential
- School libraries and librarians positively impact literacy and life-long learning
- Libraries support intellectual freedom
- Austin ISD libraries provide up-to-date, relevant, and appropriate resources which facilitate and extend learning and meet students’ individual reading needs.
- Austin ISD librarians model and encourage life-long learning and literacy as a source of pleasure and power.
- Austin ISD librarians work with the school community to promote student achievement.
- READ – Resource links for online reading opportunities for students
- LEARN– Resource links for projects and kid friendly Internet sites
Click the Read Online button for today's book!
Come back tomorrow for another new book.